Protein Packed Cream of Wheat
This easy and delicious cream of wheat recipe is one of my go to breakfast options. Eating this breakfast always brings back happy childhood memories. I took my own spin to my mothers recipe and made a healthier version.
- cut out the sugar ( by using unsweetened coconut milk vs regular milk)
- added protein powder for a more healthier option.
- each serving contains 134 calories and 18g of protein
I tend to make a big batch of this, put them in cute jars and enjoy it throughout the week.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 6 people
This easy and delicious cream of wheat recipe is one of my go to breakfast options. Eating cream of wheat always brings back happy childhood memories. I took my own spin to my mothers recipe and made a healthier version.
Cream of wheat
- 6 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 9oz cream of wheat (semolina)
- 3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1+1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- stevia, monk fruit, optional if you want it sweeter
Bring the milk and your vanilla bean paste to a boil.
Gradually add the uncooked cream of wheat to the hot liquid, whisking constantly, until it’s completely incorporated into the liquid. Cook for 2-5 minutes until the porridge starts to thicken. Add your protein powder and mix thoroughly. Keep in mind that it will thicken even more as the cereal stands and cools off.
As a toppings: you can use cocoa powder, fruits, cinnamon. The possibilities are endless!